Missouri’s major agriculture organizations are teaming up to sponsor the 2014-2015 video contest encouraging FFA chapters to create a video or auto-play slide show with audio that conveys a positive message about the value of Missouri agriculture.
18 PRIZE WINNERS!
$200 to $1,500 for your FFA Chapter!
** By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the sponsoring organizations from and against any claim, expense or liability arising from or related to submission, participation in the contest, and appearance on the program and/or acceptance of any prize.
- Entries should clearly show FFA student participation.
- The target audience should be consumers with limited knowledge of today’s agriculture.
- Three positive messages to keep in mind are: (1) farmers create safe, wholesome food for everyone to enjoy; (2) farmers work hard to care for their animals; and (3) farmers are good stewards of the environment. However, not all three themes need to be addressed in your entry.
- Each FFA district is eligible to have a first, second and third place winner.
- The district winners will compete for the Grand Prize. Winners will be announced at the 2015 FFA State Convention.
- District prizes include: 1st = $500; 2nd = $300; 3rd = $200. The Grand Prize is $1,000.
- Length of each entry must be a minimum of three minutes and a maximum of five minutes.
- Copy onto a DVD or CD as a movie file using such formats as WMV, MOV, AVI, MPEG or MP4.
- All participants in the video are required to sign a release form, which must be included with the submitted entry.
- Entries must be postmarked by DECEMBER 19, 2014.
- Only Missouri FFA Chapters are eligible to enter. One entry per FFA chapter.
- The sponsoring organizations claim the rights to all videos submitted (the right to publish, televise and retain all broadcasts).**
- The committee reserves the right to disqualify any submission.
Submit entries to:
Missouri Farm Bureau
Public Affairs Office
Attn: FFA Video Submissions
P.O. Box 658
Jefferson City, MO 65102
For more information, contact Rebecca French Smith at 573-893-1558 or email Rebecca.
Midwest Dairy Association
Missouri Beef Industry Council
Missouri Corn Merchandising Council
Missouri Farm Bureau
Missouri Pork Association
Missouri Soybean Programs
Union Star, 1st Place Northwest District
The Union Star FFA Chapter claimed first place in Northwest Missouri for their entry in the 2013-14 FFA Video Contest.
First Place -- Bourbon FFA Chapter
Pleasant Hope-- First Place
Pleasant Hope FFA tied for first place in the 2011-12 FFA Video Contest sponsored by FCS Financial, Midwest Dairy Association, Missouri Beef Industry Council, Missouri Corn Merchandising Council, Missouri Farm Bureau, Missouri Pork Association, Missouri Soybean Association and MFA Incorporated.