2018 Show-Me Snapshots Official Rules
The 2018 Missouri Farm Bureau Show-Me Snapshots Photo Contest (the "Contest") is governed by the terms and conditions set forth below. If you choose to participate in this Contest, you have agreed to these terms and conditions. Missouri Farm Bureau ("MOFB") is referred to herein as "Sponsor."
The purpose of the Contest is to showcase amateur photography of rural and agricultural Missouri.
The Contest is open to all amateur photographers (one who receives no income from photography) who are current members of Missouri Farm Bureau (MFB) or a dependent of a member. Employees of MFB and affiliated companies, Contest judges and families and/or household members of Contest judges are ineligible; however, employee spouses or dependents are eligible. Void where prohibited. MFB reserves the right to reject and disqualify an images that are considered inappropriate.
Contest will begin at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on July 2, 2018, at 8 a.m. and will end on October 12, 2018, at 4 p.m. CST (the "Contest Period"). Late entries will not be accepted. Winners will be contacted via email, phone or regular mail. Winning photos will be announced at the Missouri Farm Bureau 104th Annual Meeting and a list of winners will be available after December 2018.
- All photos must be taken by the entrant.
- Entrants may submit one photo per category.
- Entrants may enter all four categories, if desired.
- Photo categories are: Landscapes, People, Rural Workday and Animals.
- A completed entry form, a printed hard copy or an online submission form, must accompany each photo. Do not staple or paper clip; tape to the back of the image is fine. You may scan the entry form to email with the photo.
- Photos must be taken within the last two years.
- Please turn off the date and time stamp on your camera.
- Color and black and white photos are eligible.
- All photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimizations (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.) will not be chosen. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single "high dynamic range" image are acceptable. Instagram images are not acceptable.
- MFB will at its sole discretion determine eligibility. MFB reserves the right to reject and disqualify any images that are considered inappropriate.
- Where persons are included in a photo and can be identified, a photo release must accompany the entry.
- Youth entries must include the signature of a parent or guardian on the entry form. Online entries can be submitted but must include a completed paper entry form either mailed or scanned and emailed to Public Affairs.
- All photos must be submitted digitally either via mofb.org, or on a CD through the mail or dropped off at the home office at 701 S. Country Club Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65102. Print copies accompanying the digital file will be accepted.
- Digital files must be high resolution images. Some tips in determining size:
8x10” at 300 dpi, or
2048 x 1536 pixels, or
a file size of 6MB to 10MB.
- Entries will not be returned.
OWNERSHIP OF PHOTOS; LICENSE
Contest participants retain ownership of the copyright in any submitted photographs, and a photo credit will be given to the photographer in any use whenever practical.
By entering this Contest, you grant Missouri Farm Bureau Federation and its County Farm Bureau Affiliates a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, publish, display, distribute, reproduce, edit, adapt and create derivative works of the submitted photograph, in whole or in part, in any media now known or hereafter discovered, including in use on websites, in publications and for promotional purposes, without compensation or prior notice to the participant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity.
Entering a submission in the Contest constitutes participant's irrevocable assignment, conveyance, and transference to Sponsor of the foregoing rights.
A panel of judges selected by the Sponsor shall select the winner. The panel of judges will be composed of people with expertise in public relations, graphics, photography, agricultural literacy and/or agricultural safety and health. Judging of the Contest will be based on: composition and arrangement, interest, presentation and image quality. Judges may move a photo to a new category if it is more suitable. A photo can be disqualified if it does not meet all of the requirements.
Contestants agree that the sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning the Contest and interpretation of Contest rules are at the sole discretion of Missouri Farm Bureau and its officers and staff.
Postmarked and/or delivered by Friday, October 12, 2018, by 4 p.m. CST. No late entries accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
- Fill out the form below and upload your image directly to the website, or
- Mail your entry on CD, along with this PRINTABLE ENTRY FORM to:
Missouri Farm Bureau
Attn Public Affairs/Photo Contest
P.O. Box 658
Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Or, drop off your entry at the home office, 701 S. Country Club Dr., Jefferson City, Mo., 65109.
- Click HERE for a Photo Release, if needed.
- Entries must be received by 4 p.m. CST on October 12, 2018.
Public Affairs Department
email Public Affairs
Winners will be notified by phone or email by November 30, 2018. Winning photos will be displayed at the Missouri Farm Bureau Annual Meeting at Tan-Tar-A in Osage Beach, Missouri. Winners will receive prizes by mail.
Participants agree that their name, hometown or home county may be used for promotional purposes in conjunction with their photo when published or used by Sponsor. In addition, any use of a submitted photograph by Sponsor will be accompanied whenever practical by a photo credit with participant's name. Any other personal information submitted by contestants will be for internal use only and will not be shared with or sold to any other parties. Your contact information is required for notification purposes only.
DISCLAIMER AND INDEMNIFICATION
By entering or participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Sponsor is not responsible for: 1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; 2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; 3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Contest; or 4) technical or human error, which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the winner for the Contest, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Participants, by participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and their respective successors and assigns (the "Indemnified Parties"), from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: 1) their participation in the Contest; 2) their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Contest; and/or 3) the use of the photograph, including without limitation any claims relating to violations of intellectual property laws.
Winner also further acknowledges that the Indemnified Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose.