Writing a Cinquain Poem about Sheep or Wool
A WebQuest for Grades 1 - 2,WebQuest Agricultural Series by Missouri Farm Bureau and Missouri State University
Write a five line poem about something that you learned from the internet sheep farm field trip or the video clips.
First Line: A one word title (one or two syllables)
Second Line: 4 syllables - describes title
Third Line: 6 syllables - expresses action
Fourth Line: 8 syllables - expresses a feeling
Fifth Line: Another word for the title (one or two syllables)
Here is an example:
White ones, black ones
Running in the meadow
Growing wooly, mother watches.
Print this page and write your poem here:
- Cut your poem from the page.
- Take another sheet of paper.
- Draw a large sheep on it and color the picture.
- Draw the sheep large enough so that your poem will fit in the middle of it.
- Paste your poem inside the colored sheep.