Bird Flu Video Activity
A WebQuest for Middle School or Junior High, WebQuest Agricultural Series by Missouri Farm Bureau and Missouri State University
Look at these video clips of bird situations:
Clip 1 - Wild geese on a farmer's pond
Clip 2 - Poultry at an auction
Clip 3 - A turkey farm
Step 1: Make a graphic organizer detailing the vulnerabilities to Bird Flu that you observed in each of the three video clips.
Step 2: Write a 1-3 page paper comparing and contrasting these vulnerabilities.
- Be sure you identify the problems you will be addressing in the opening paragraph.
- You must identify and explain fully what you feel is the greatest vulnerability in each of the three situations.
- Include a possible scenario for solving each of the problems.
- Your conclusion or summary paragraph must reintegrate the problems and briefly describe your solution.
Step 3: In the final project, include:
- a page with the completed graphic organizer
- a first draft with corrections in red ink, use normal English correction symbols
- a final draft with no errors in spelling or grammatical usage.
- Paper Format
- Use standard 1" margins
- 12 point font, either Ariel or Courier if possible in the title and body of the paper
- Use 10 pt. font in the Header
- pagination after page one in the upper right hand corner in the Header
- Name (first and last) in the Header in the upper left hand corner - first line
- 2nd line - Class name and teacher last name
- 3rd line - Date paper is due