Fish Farming Activities Page
A WebQuest for Middle School or Junior High Students, WebQuest Agricultural Series by Missouri Farm Bureau and Missouri State University
Use the Graphs website to answer the following questions:
1. What states are included in the Top -Ten list for aquacultural production?
2. Which region in the U.S. produces the most aquaculture products and what percentage of the U.S. total market does this region represent.
3. What method of production is most widely used in the U.S.?
4. How does your state rank in dollars of aquacultural sales?
5. How many aquaculture farms does you state have?
6. What category of fish tops the market in value of aquacultural products/sales?
7. Of the total farm count in the U.S., how many produce bait fish?
8. How many thousand dollars per farm does ornamental fish contribute to the industry?
9. If you wanted to start raising an aquacultural product, what would be a profitable one based your location and market demand?
10. Based on the Average Value of Products Sold by Type, what are the benefits of raising Food Fish over Baitfish or Sporting/Game Fish?
Based on the Internet Resources provided, answer the following questions:
1. What is a newly "hatched" fish called?
2. What is meant by the term "fingerling"?
3. What size fish are used to stock or restock fish farming facilities?