Questions about Wheat and Acres
A Writing and Social Studies WebQuest for Grade 4
WebQuest Agricultural Series by Missouri Farm Bureau and Missouri State University
Farm land in the United States is measured in acres. An acre is just a little smaller than a football field.
1. Look at the map. How many acres of wheat were produced in your state?
2. Is your state one of the top ten wheat growing states in the United States (based on numbers of acres)
3. How many more acres of wheat are grown in Kansas than in Texas?
4. Look at the winter wheat production graph. In what year was the most wheat produced?
5. In what year was wheat production lowest?
6. Think about this important agricultural question. What factors can you think of that might cause the wheat production (or any crop) to change from year to year?