LK AT THESE BEANS!
WebQuest Agricultural Series by Missouri Farm Bureau and Missouri State University
SOYBEAN WEB SITES
Ags Cool – Soybeans
United Soybean Board
American Soybean Association
Missouri Soybean Association
All Kinds of Farms
by Ann Larkin Hansen
Early Farm Life
by Lise Gunby
Soybeans : the wonder beans
by Leonard Stout Kenworthy
Life on a Crop Farm
by Judy Wolfman
The joy of soy : 75 delicious ways to enjoy nature's miracle food
by Dana Jacobu
The magic of soy : healthy cooking with soy protein
by GeniSoy Products
Soy! soy! soy! : enjoy soyfoods' benefits in delicious recipes
by Jeanette Parsons Egan
OTHER ACTIVITIES / OUTCOMES
- Acquire historical facts about the origins of the top five crops grown in your state.
- Identify the four essential components of plant growth. Make a poster that labels and defines the plant parts.
- Track a local crop’s progress over a crop year. Interview the farmer producing that crop. Take pictures of the crop and make a PowerPoint presentation. Give that presentation to a younger classroom.
- Make a presentation of why weather plays an important part in a crop yield.
- Make a presentation of a farmer’s life and what his job duties consist of. What kind of education would be helpful to the farmer?
- Make food with soy products and have students taste and then chart their favorites. Could make a recipe booklet for students to take home.
This page was developed by Debbie Richardson, reviewed by Lyndon and the late Barbara Irwin and is maintained by Missouri Farm Bureau.
Please address questions to Diane Olson at Missouri Farm Bureau.