• To foster active participation in legislative and lobbying activities
• To gain information about the work of farm organizations
• To keep up-to-date on agriculture policies and activities
• To promote the profession of ag-related occupations
Join your university’s Collegiate Farm Bureau chapter and learn more about the exciting opportunities available now and in the future. And, have some fun at the same time!
Club activities include:
• Monthly meetings with informative speakers
• Annual Legislative Tour to State Capitol
• Social activities & service projects
• Participation in Farm Bureau policy process
• Interaction with local county Farm Bureaus
• Hosting Ag Forums
• Discussion Meet contest
COLLEGIATE FARM BUREAU DISCUSSION MEET
The Discussion Meet is designed to simulate a committee meeting with questions, answers and statements coming from any person at any time. Contestants discuss preselected topics as an exercise in cooperative problem solving, with discussion and active participation expected from each committee member.
Participants will be judged on: communication, cooperation, problem solving and constructive criticism.
The Collegiate Discussion Meet will be held in December during the Annual Meeting at Tan-Tar-A Resort. First and second place winners at the state level will receive an expense paid trip to the National YF&R Conference where the first place winner will compete for the national title.